Good News International Ministries (GNIM) is a registered Canadian charity (BN/registration number: 139942130RR0001). As such, it is capable of granting legal charitable donation receipts in Canada. Since its formation in 1989, GNI Ministries’ charter uniquely allows it to minister among the poor-and-oppressed in virtually any third-world region, as well as in Canada.
HISTORYGNIM was founded in 1989 by a Canadian Christian & Missionary Alliance missionary named Jim Sawatsky. Jim and his leadership team formed GNIM to be trans-denominational in scope and able to minister in any third-world context. From the outset this charity found unique and practical ways to help broadcast the Good News of Jesus Christ. Its original field was primarily based in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa (where Jim had many years of experience in mission). Its method was utilizing music-media ministry as a vehicle to help propel the gospel message while reaching out to the poor and oppressed. Jim Sawatsky and GNIM made a definitive impact for God’s glory in Africa. The Christian music studios and the Elikia orphanage project in the DRC are still in operation today and are locally led.
TODAYWith Jim Sawatsky and his long-term co-workers in retirement, a new team formed to take over leadership of GNI Ministries. The baton was handed over in November 2013, with Rob Griffioen as president and a new board of directors taking lead. Going into a full restart, the outreach focus is now on South East Asia. GNI Ministries brings the Good News of Jesus Christ to the poor and oppressed in a variety of ways (including compassion ministry and proclamation of the gospel through various means). COUNTERING human trafficking in South East Asia is our current field of ministry. Our primary purpose is to equip indigenous leadership to be the front-runners in this cause.
VISIONWe envision empowered followers of Jesus Christ catalyzing community transformation and countering human trafficking among the poor and oppressed.
GOSPEL – FREEDOM – PURITY – EMPOWERMENT -TRANSFORMATION
MISSIONWe are committed to sustainably help transform communities and counter human trafficking (especially in South East Asia) through empowered indigenous followers of Jesus Christ.
BELIEFSGNIM HOLDS TO THE BELIEFS OF THE EVANGELICAL FELLOWSHIP OF CANADA
- The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
- Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.