With three partnerships solidified and God’s provision on the increase for these partnerships, we have much to be thankful for. We also envision doing much more in the future. For now, we want to just take a moment to give thanks for how far God brought us in 2014.
- Judy and I have been blessed to see a number of personal supporters stay behind us, as well as several churches here in BC.
- We have been able to solidify partnerships with three quality outreaches:
- “Fourth Man Eagle Ministries” in the Philippines. This ministry reaches impoverished children and families along the Davao River and up in the jungle areas of Mindanao Island, helping children go to school as well as learn Bible truths. A church plant is thriving and we look forward to seeing more start in the new future. This ministry has seen turmoil, with Willi Limen passing away in early October. Despite this major setback, his wife Elvira and her children are boldly pressing on with great vision for the future.
- “Uncountable Grace” (Myanmar). This ministry reaches out to children and families in the a troubled region of Myanmar. God is doing great things through an indigenous couple who serve him there full time. Every Saturday, they teach Bible to 65 children and hold regular outreaches in other villages.
- “The Garden of Hope” (Chiang Mai, Thailand). This ministry, which Rob & Judy previously helped to direct in 2010-11, supports 30 impoverished hill-tribe children and helps them go to school. We are privileged to be their “Canadian” support link. The leadership of TGOH has great vision for establishing more safe-houses for young girls at high risk of human trafficking in the near future.
- We praise God that we have been able to raise regular support for each of these ministries. God is increasing our vision and expanding our horizons. We pray that we will be able to soon see these ministries support increased but are grateful for what the Lord has begun.
- In August, we entered partnership with the Great Commission Foundation in Canada. TGCF will take care of a good chunk of our administration and keep us compliant with Revenue Canada so that Judy and I are free to run and lead GNI Ministries with the vision God has given us.
- On December 14th, we held our first official fundraising event at Ross Road MB Church in Abbotsford. Nearly two-hundred people attended a great international (Thai, Burmese, Indian, Philippine food) dinner. And we were able to share our vision during this fun evening as well are raise funds for our partners.
- We were blessed to be able to help reduce the amount of money Elvira owes on the hospital debt left behind after Willi passed away.
- Through generous donors, we were also blessed to help supply “winter clothing” for dozens of kids in the chilly hills of Myanmar. They absolutely love them! (see the pictures)
- On a personal note, Rob’s dad (Jan J. Griffioen) passed away peacefully on December 17. He was 92 years old and was a faithful supporter of GNI Ministries. We are grateful that he is with the Lord.
We are starting 2015 off in a great position to bring the Good News to many poor & oppressed people. In the parable of the Sheep & the Goats (Matthew 25), Jesus — the king — gives great commendation to those who give of themselves to bless people like this. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me. ’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you? ’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me” (Matt. 25:34-40, ESV). This is why we love doing what we do. Join us in helping bring this Good News by donating generously! Please pray that God will supply more “seed for the sower.”
Rob & Judy Griffioen